Sal Climate & Temperature
- Sal, Cape Verde is at 16°44'N, 22°56'W, 56 m (183 ft). See map.
- Sal has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The average annual temperature is 23.5 degrees Celsius (74.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.5 °C (9.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 69.5 mm (2.7 inches) which is equivalent to 69.5 Litres/m² (1.7 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2552 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Sal you would come out nearest to the climate station at Willis Island M.O., Australia.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Sal, Cape Verde Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dakhla, Western Sahara - 1069.4 kms (664.5 miles) NE
- Atar, Mauritania - 1122.3 kms (697.4 miles) ENE
- Nouakchott, Mauritania - 757.7 kms (470.8 miles) ENE
- Podor, Senegal - 854.1 kms (530.7 miles) E
- Saint-Louis, Senegal - 697.5 kms (433.4 miles) E
- Matam, Senegal - 1043 kms (648.1 miles) E
- Linguere, Senegal - 850.1 kms (528.3 miles) E
- Dakar, Senegal - 624.6 kms (388.1 miles) ESE
- Diourbel, Senegal - 755.9 kms (469.7 miles) ESE
- Kaolack, Senegal - 792.3 kms (492.4 miles) ESE
- Tambacounda, Senegal - 1047.6 kms (651 miles) ESE
- Banjul, Gambia - 775.1 kms (481.7 miles) ESE
- Kolda, Senegal - 959 kms (595.9 miles) ESE
- Ziguinchor, Senegal - 856.3 kms (532.1 miles) ESE
- Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - 960.8 kms (597.1 miles) ESE
- Boke, Guinea - 1089.6 kms (677.1 miles) SE