Sal Climate & Temperature
- Sal, Cape Verde is at 16°44'N, 22°56'W, 56 m (183 ft). See map.
- Sal has a subtropical desert / low-latitude arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BWh)
- The annual average temperature is 23.5 degrees Celsius (74.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.5 °C (9.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 69.5 mm (2.7 inches) which is equivalent to 69.5 Litres/m² (1.7 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2552 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Sal you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Willis Island M.O., Australia.
Sal Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Sal Climate Graph in Metric Units
Sal Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Sal, Cape Verde Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dakhla, Western Sahara - 1069.4 kms (664.5 miles) NE
- Atar, Mauritania - 1122.3 kms (697.4 miles) ENE
- Nouakchott, Mauritania - 757.7 kms (470.8 miles) ENE
- Podor, Senegal - 854.1 kms (530.7 miles) E
- Saint-Louis, Senegal - 697.5 kms (433.4 miles) E
- Matam, Senegal - 1043 kms (648.1 miles) E
- Linguere, Senegal - 850.1 kms (528.3 miles) E
- Dakar, Senegal - 624.6 kms (388.1 miles) ESE
- Diourbel, Senegal - 755.9 kms (469.7 miles) ESE
- Kaolack, Senegal - 792.3 kms (492.4 miles) ESE
- Tambacounda, Senegal - 1047.6 kms (651 miles) ESE
- Banjul, Gambia - 775.1 kms (481.7 miles) ESE
- Kolda, Senegal - 959 kms (595.9 miles) ESE
- Ziguinchor, Senegal - 856.3 kms (532.1 miles) ESE
- Bissau, Guinea-Bissau - 960.8 kms (597.1 miles) ESE
- Boke, Guinea - 1089.6 kms (677.1 miles) SE